Chanda Kochhar Biography
Chanda Kochhar is one of the most powerful women in the world. He is the former Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of ICICI Bank in the Bombay High Court. Chanda Kochhar, born in Jodhpur, started her career in the bank as a management trainee and on the strength of her honesty, hard work and dedication, ICIC Bank reached the seventh sky of success.
The bank also started a retail business under the leadership of Chanda Kochhar. He has the distinction of being included in the list of 30 most powerful women leaders for 8 consecutive years. Along with this, he has also been awarded the Padma Bhushan, one of India’s highest awards. So let’s know about the country’s most powerful woman Chanda Kochhar ji
Chanda Kochhar’s biography among the world’s most powerful women – Chanda Kochhar Biography
Information about Chanda Kochhar – Chanda Kochhar Information
|Full Name||Chanda Deepak Kochhar|
|Birthday||17 November 1961|
|Father Name||Roopchand Advani|
|Husband Name||Deepak Kochhar (Chanda Kochhar Husband)|
Chanda Kochhar Early Life – Chanda Kochhar Education And Life Story
Chanda Kochhar was born in Jodhpur in Rajasthan and grew up in Jaipur, Rajasthan. He received his early education from St. Angela Sophia School in Jaipur. She later went to Mumbai where she obtained a Bachelor of Arts degree from Jai Hind College. After graduating in 1982, she started studying cost accounting at ICWAI.
Later, he obtained a master’s degree in management from Bajaj Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai. He was also awarded the JN Bose Gold Medal for excellence in management studies. Along with this, he also got the most qualities in the cost account.
Kochhar lives in Mumbai, and was married to Deepak Kochhar, a wind energy entrepreneur and his business school mates. They have two children, a boy Arjun and a daughter Aarti.
Despite being a woman, Chanda Kochhar never gave up and always kept moving forward due to her passion and desire. Today, a woman is the CEO of the best bank in the country and is successfully running ICICI Bank. Seeing them, we can proudly say that the women of India are not far behind men in any field.
Chanda Kochhar, who started her journey in the bank with a management trainee, reached the highest position of the bank on the strength of her ability and talent and led the bank safely. However, during this time, she was also accused of corruption, and worked with all her courage and understanding and presented herself as the most powerful woman in the world.
He has shown to the world that if you are determined to do something and no one can stop you from doing that work. Despite being an ordinary woman, getting to such a high position is not an easy task. He must have faced many difficulties while achieving his goal but says,
“The store gets only those who have life in their spirits.”
Chanda Kochhar received honors and achievements – Chanda Kochhar Awards
- ICICI Bank was awarded the Best Retail Bank of India Award for 4 consecutive years (2001, 2003, 2004 and 2005) under the leadership of Chanda Kochhar.
- In 2005, Chanda Kochhar was awarded the Business Women of the Year award.
- Chanda Kochhar was awarded the Padma Bhushan, one of India’s highest honors in 2011.
- In 2014, Corletto University awarded Chanda Kochhar a doctorate for outstanding contribution in the field of finance.
Important facts related to Chanda Kochhar – About Chanda Kochhar
- Chanda Kochhar joined the Industrial Credit and Investment Corporation of India (ICICI) in 1984 as a management trainee.
- ICICI Bank CEO Chanda Kochhar handled a number of industries, including ICICI’s textile, paper and cement industries, early in her career.
- Seeing the talent of Chanda Kochhar to work, she was entrusted with the responsibilities of the bank and she stood by him. The bank took over as managing director in the year 2001.
- Chanda Kochhar continued to be included as the country’s 30 most powerful leader for eight years (from 2002 to 2008).
- In the year 2009, Chanda Kochhar was given the position of Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of this prestigious bank of India, IIC Bank.
- In 2009, Chanda Kochhar was ranked 20th in the list of 100 most powerful women in the world by Forbes magazine.
- Chanda Kochhar has also been accused of corruption and familism. He is accused of giving a loan of around Rs 3,250 crore to Videocon by ICICI Bank. The sweet deal includes Videocon Group owner Venugopal Dhoot, Chanda Kochhar’s husband Deepak Kochhar.
- When Chanda Kochhar was accused of sweet deal, during that time, ICICI Bank had fully supported her and termed all the allegations against Chanda Kochhar as baseless.
- There was also a news in the media about Chanda Kochhar’s life becoming a “Chanda: A Signature That Ruined a Career” biopic, which was to be shown in Chanda Kochhar’s success and facing CBI and ED investigations. However, his biopic was banned by the Delhi court.
Please Note: If you have Chanda Kochhar Biography in Hindi I am more information, or if I find something wrong in the information given, then immediately write us a comment and we will keep updating this. Thank you,
If you like our Information About Chanda Kochhar In Hindi, then please like and share us on Facebook.