Manmohan Singh Manmohan Singh Biography
Manmohan Singh, who has served as the Prime Minister of the country twice, is known not only as a good politician but also as a great economist and thinker. He has played an important role in strengthening the economy of the country.
Decisions taken by him greatly improved the economic condition of the country, hence he is also called the architect of Indian financials. Not only this, for 10 years as the Prime Minister of the country, he has done important work in the field of education, health of the country. So let us know about some special things related to the life of former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
Manmohan Singh, the father of liberal economy and former Prime Minister of the country – Manmohan Singh Biography
Biography of Manmohan Singh at a glance – Manmohan Singh Information
|Full Name||Manmohan Singh|
|Birthday||26 September 1932 Gah, Punjab, Pakistan|
|Father Name||Gurmukh Singh|
|Mother Name||Amrit Kaur,|
|Marriage (Wife Name)||Gursharan Kaur|
|Daughters||Upinder Singh, Amrit Singh, Daman Singh|
|Awards||1987 – Padam Bhushan|
Manmohan Singh’s birth, family, early life – Manmohan Singh History
Manmohan Singh, who made himself known as the great economist of the country, was born in a Sikh family on September 26, 1932 in Gah village (in present-day Pakistan) of Chakwal district of Punjab. At the very young age, his mother Amrit Kaur had fallen out of her head, after which her grandmother raised her. At the same time, when India-Pakistan was partitioned after the independence of the country in 1947, during that time, his family settled in Amritsar, India from Pakistan.
Manmohan Singh’s wedding – Manmohan Singh Marriage
Manmohan Singh ji was married to Gursharan Kaur in the year 1958. After their marriage, they had three daughters named Upendra, Amrit and Daman. One of his daughters is serving as a lawyer in the field of human rights, while the other daughter is a writer, while the third daughter is also a professor of history at Delhi University.
Manmohan Singh’s education – Manmohan Singh Education
Manmohan Singh ji was a promising student since childhood, who had a great interest in reading. He received his early education from Hindu College, Amritsar. He then completed his graduation in economics from Punjab University. He then moved to England for his further studies where he received an Honors degree in Economics from Cambridge University.
He returned to India after completion of studies and then he served as a professor at Punjab University for about 3 years. Then in the year 1960, he moved to England once again with the aim of obtaining the degree of De Phil and got his degree from Oxford University, taking admission in Newfield College here.
After completing his studies in 1966, Manmohan Singh returned to India and here he held the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) And worked for about 3 years. After this, from 1969 to 1971, he worked as a professor at Delhi University.
Manmohan Singh’s political career – Manmohan Singh Political Career
- In 1971, after serving as a professor in Delhi University, Manmohanji joined the Indian Civil Service. At the same time, he met Lalit Narayan Mishra, the then Minister in the Ministry of Trade, who had appointed him as his Economic Advisor, tapping Manmohan Singh’s talent.
- In 1972, Manmohan Singh was appointed as the Chief Advisor in the Ministry of Finance.
- In 1976, Manmohan Singh ji took over as the Chief Secretary of the Ministry of Finance. At the same year, he was selected to serve as a director in the Reserve Bank of India.
- From 1980 to 1982, Manmohanji worked in the Planning Commission.
- From 1982 to 1985, Manmohan Singh served as the Governor of the Reserve Bank of India and in 1985, he held the post of Deputy Chairman of the Planning Commission and remained in this position till 1987 for almost 2 years.
- Manmohan Singh served as the General Secretary of the South Commission from 1987 to 1990.
- In 1990, Manmohan served as the Economic Advisor to the then Indian Prime Minister.
- After this, in 1991, during the government of former PM PV Narasimha Rao, he was elected Finance Minister. While in this position, he did commendable work to strengthen the economy of the country for about 5 years.
- From 1998 to 2004, when the country was under BJP rule, Manmohan Singh ji played his important role as the Leader of the Opposition.
- In the Lok Sabha elections held in 2004, when the Congress formed a government with an alliance, Manmohanji was made the Prime Minister of India, during which he did many important things for the development of the country.
- In the general elections held in 2009, the Congress came to power once again and Manmohan Singh ji again got the distinction of becoming the Prime Minister of India. In this way, he served as the country’s PM for nearly 10 years. At the same time, Manmohan Singh was the first Prime Minister after Jawaharlal Nehru, who led the country efficiently as Prime Minister twice in a row.
Major works done by Manmohan Singh Ji – Manmohan Singh Work
- As the Prime Minister of the country, Manmohan Singh ji, along with strengthening the country’s economy, got many developmental work done in the field of education, health, and took many important steps to eliminate terrorism. Along with this, he also did many things to improve the condition of women and poor in the country. He was always striving to preserve the unity of the country.
- Manmohan Singhji passed the Right to Information Act and the National Employment Guarantee Act during his PM’s tenure. Along with this, commendable steps were taken to strengthen the anti-terrorism law and made many important amendments in the UPA. Apart from this, he also played an important role in establishing strong relations with foreign countries as the Prime Minister of the country.
- As the Finance Minister of the country, Manmohan Singh ji accelerated the development of the country by increasing production capacity, including liberalizing the economy of the country. Along with this, he also played an important role in removing “License Raj” from the country.
Manmohan Singh ji awards / honors – Manmohan Singh Awards
- In 1982, Manmohan Singh was awarded by John College, Crambies.
- In 1987, Manmohan Singh was awarded the Padma Vibhushan, the fourth highest honor of the country by the Government of India.
- In 1993, Manmohan Singh ji was awarded the “Finance Minister of the Year” award by Euromoney and AsiaMoney.
- In 1996, Manmohanji was awarded an honorary professorship by the Delhi School of Economics and then in 1976 by Jawaharlal Nehru University.
- Former Prime Minister of the country Manmohan Ji was awarded doctoral degrees from University of Cambridge, University of Alberta, King Saudi University and University of Oxford.
- In 2004, Manmohan Singh was awarded the Parliamentary Award.
- In 2005, Manmohanji was included in the list of 100 influential people by Time magazine.
- In 2014, Manmohan Ji was conferred with the title of “Grand Cordon of the Order of the Palaunia Flowers” by the Government of Japan.
Books written by Manmohan Singh Ji – Manmohan Singh Books
Manmohan ji is a good politician, economist as well as a good writer. Some of the books written by him are as follows-
- Collateral Financial Plumbing (2014)
- Shadow banking; Economics and Policy (2012)
- Making OTC Derivative Safe; A Fresh Look (2011)
- To the nation and for the nation (2006)
- In Ghost’s Den (2005)
- Chill; Institution and Policies Underpinning Stability and Growth (2004)
- The Couste for Equity in Development (1986)
Some books based on Manmohan Singh’s life – Book On Manmohan Singh
Many books have been written on the great personality of Manmohan Singh, who has led the country as the Prime Minister of the country, which is as follows-
- The Accidental Prime Minister – This book has been written by Manmohan Singh Ji’s media advisor Sanjay Baru about the shortcomings of his political life.
- Changing India- This book, launched in December 2018, has been written by Manmohan Singh himself, he has mentioned in this book the work done for the country’s economic and political development during his tenure.
- Strictly Personal; Manmohan and Gurusharan – In this book written by Manmohan Singh’s daughter, he has revealed many secrets of his father’s personal life.
Film on Manmohan Singh Ji – Manmohan Singh Movie
A biopic film has been made on Manmohan Singh’s book on the political life, The Accidental Prime Minister. The film, titled “The Accidental Prime Minister”, was released on January 11, 2019. Directed by Vijay Ratnakar Gutte, the film stars Akshaye Khanna, Anupam Kher and Suzanne Bernert in the lead roles.
The film depicts the political shortcomings of Manmohan Singh ji, so the film has also been engulfed in many controversies before its release. At the same time, the film failed to tarnish the image of Manmohan Singh.
Manmohan Singh, who led the country as Prime Minister, is known for his talented personality and calm nature. During his tenure, he not only promoted the economic development of the country but also played an important role in strengthening the economy of the country. The people of the country will always be grateful for the work done by them.
Note: If you have Manmohan Singh Biography I and Information are Or if I find something wrong in the information given, then immediately write us a comment and we will keep updating this. If you find our information about Manmohan Singh i If you like it, definitely like and share us on Facebook.