Shakuntala Devi Biography
Shakuntala Devi Ji was a great mathematician, writer, Indian scientist and social worker with extraordinary talent, who is known by the world as human computer and mental calculator. She used to solve the most difficult calculations of mathematics in just a few seconds. His name has also been included in the Guinness Book of World Records for his supernatural talent of mental calculation.
Apart from this, she was the first Indian woman to write on the subject of homosexuality. So let’s know some important things about the life of the great mathematician Shakuntala Devi
“Human Computer” Introduces the life of Shakuntala Devi Ji – Shakuntala Devi
Biography of Shakuntala Devi at a glance – Shakuntala Devi Biography
|Real name||Shakuntala Devi|
|Birthday||4 November 1929, Bangalore, Mysore|
|Marriage (Husband Name)||Paritosh Banerjee (married in 1960 and divorced in 1979)|
|Death||21 April 2013, Bangalore, Karnataka|
Birth, childhood, early life and education of Shakuntala Devi Ji – Shakuntala Devi Information
Shakuntala Devi was born in a conservative Brahmin family on 4 November 1929 in Bangalru. His father used to take care of his family by performing tricks in the circus. While she played cards with her father at the young age of 3, during which her father steamed her daughter’s talent, her father noted that Shakuntala’s ability to remember a wide variety of numbers Is the unique art of solving the greatest calculus with a pinch.
He then tried to bring his daughter’s talent out through his circus programs. At the age of just 6, Shakuntala Devi showed her unique talent in solving mental mathematics at the University of Mysore.
At the same time, due to this extraordinary talent of Shakuntala Devi, her father got the opportunity to go to London in the year 1944.
After this, Shakuntala Devi got a chance to travel to Europe in 1950 to solve her mental mathematics questions. During this visit, Shakuntala Devi showed her talent for calculating, after which she visited New York in 1976 and US in 1988. During this period, Shakuntala Devi, in a blink of many difficult calculations like square root and square root, also got the talent of her mental calculation done abroad.
In 1977, he was tested to test Shakuntala ji’s extraordinary talent, in which he was subjected to extremely difficult calculations, which Shakuntala ji showed in his talent by solving in just a few seconds.
After this, on 18 June, 1980, Shakuntala Devi Ji’s amazing art was again tested at Imperial College, London.
During this, he was asked to multiply two large numbers of 13 digits, this time too, Shakuntala proved his talent by giving correct answers in few seconds. After his performance, he was named in the Guinness Book of World Records in 1982.
Shakuntala Devi ji as a writer – Shakuntala Devi As Writer
Shakuntala Devi ji was not only a famous Indian scientist and mathematician, but she was also a noted writer who wrote many excellent books, she not only raised the issue of homosexuality through her books, but she also wrote many books on astrology. .
Apart from this, he also wrote several books on mental calculators. List of some of the major books written by Shakutala Devi Ji is as follows-
- Figuring – The Joy of Numbers, written by Shakuntala Devi Ji, was also a very famous book. He wrote in great detail about the genius of mental calculations in his books. In this book, he tried to explain that the largest calculation can be done in seconds by playing easily with any number of numbers.
- In the year 1977, Shakuntala Devi Ji wrote the book “The World of Home Sexual”. This was the first book written by an Indian on the issue of homo sexuality, she tried to explain the topic of homosexuality very well in her book, in fact she wrote this book influenced by her personal life, in fact her husband Were also homo.
Apart from this, Shakuntala Devi ji wrote many books including Astrology for You, Mathblit, Puzzles to Puzzles You, Fun with Numbers.
Shakuntala Devi’s Marital Life and Children – Shakuntala Devi Life History
In 1960, Shakuntala Devi ji married Paritosh Banerjee, an Indian Administrative Service officer of Kolkata, although their marriage did not last long. After nearly 19 years of marriage, both of them divorced each other, according to many sources, the biggest reason for divorcing the husband is believed to be her husband’s homo. After marriage, he also had a daughter named Anupama Banerjee.
Shakuntala Devi in politics – Shakuntala Devi As Politician
Shakuntala Devi ji was a great figure of versatility, who contested independently against the country’s first woman Chief Minister Indira Gandhi in the 1980s, although she was defeated in this election, after which she returned to Bangalore. She had gone.
Shakuntala Devi received awards and awards – Shakuntala Devi Awards
- Shakuntala Devi ji was awarded the Lifetime Achievement Award in 2013, about 1 month from her death.
- In 1988, the mantle calculator Shakuntala Devi was awarded the Ramanuja Mathematical Genius Award by the then Indian Ambassador to America.
- In 1982, the human computer Shakuntala Devi was named as the best mathematician for the Guinness Book of World Records, beating the world’s fastest computer to multiply two 13-digit numbers.
- In 1970, Shakuntala Devi was awarded the Most Distinguished Woman of the Year award by the University of the Philippines.
Apart from this, the great mathematician of India, Shakuntala Devi was given the title of Human Computer by BBC News.
Shakuntala Devi dies – Shakuntala Devi Death
Shakuntala Devi, called human computer, had a respiratory and kidney related disease in the last days of her life, due to which she was suffering from very poor health and due to this she died on 21 April 2013.
Some important things at a glance about Shakuntala Devi – Shakuntala Devi History
- She was only 3 years old when her father saw the mental talent of Shakuntala Devi / Shakuntala Devi. Each time she defeated her father in a game of cards. His father was amazed how one can understand the move ahead by remembering the order of the cards at such a young age.
- He showcased his talent at the University of Mysore at the age of 6. And later 2 years later performed at Annamalai University. She later went to Osmania University and Hyderabad and Visakhapatnam to perform. As a child, she became famous worldwide due to her supernatural talent.
- In 1944, Shakuntala moved to London with her father. In many organizations, Devi performed her art, she continued to do all this until the English media recognized her.
- On 5 October 1950, the BBC also held a program with Shakuntala / Shakuntala Devi. At the time of the program, host Leslie Mitchell gave him difficult math questions to solve. In which, according to Mitchell, he gave the answer in a few seconds but the answers were not right. But after re-examination Shakuntala’s answers were found to be correct. And this news spread rapidly all over the world and Shakuntala was given the title of “Human Computer”.
- In 1977, Southern University, Dallas, USA invited Shakuntala. Where he was asked to tell the 23rd root of 201 (Digit Number). Which he told in just 50 seconds. The US Bureau of Standards had to prepare a special program to see their answers on Univac 1101 computers.
- Along with books, he also wrote about astrology, scientific points, also wrote about puzzles. His great works in this field include Astrology (2005) etc. for you.
- Apart from being intellectually intelligent, Shakuntala Devi was also a writer. His book, The World of Homosexuals (1977) was the first book written on homosexuality.
- In 1969, the University of Philippines honored her with the status of Woman of the Year. He was also awarded the Ramanujan Mathematician Award.
Note: If you have Shakuntala Devi Biography I am more information, or if I find something wrong in the information given, then immediately write us a comment and we will keep updating this.
If you find our Information About Shakuntala Devi History If you like it, definitely like and share us on Facebook.