Ustad Bismillah Khan Biography
Ustad Bismillah Khan is a famous shehnai player in the world, who made his outstanding contribution in the field of music. Not only this, he also goes to the credit of getting Shehnai a different identity in the world of music.
Not only this, Bismillah Khan was the person who welcomed independence with the melodious melody of his shehnai on August 15, 1947, and since then the Prime Minister’s speech at the Red Fort on Independence Day, Bismillah Khan’s shehnai playing Has become a tradition.
Not only this, Bismillah Khan ji was also awarded the country’s highest civilian honor Bharat Ratna in the year 2001 for his outstanding contribution in the field of music. Let us know at a glance the biography of famous shehnai player Bismillah Khan-
Know about the famous shehnai maestro Bismillah Khan who played the shehnai welcoming the independence of India – Ustad Bismillah Khan Biography in Marathi
Biography of Bismillah Khan at a Glance – Ustad Bismillah Khan Information
|Full Name||Ustad Bismillah Khan|
|Birthday||21 March 1916, Dumraon, Bihar|
|Father Name||Pangbar khan|
|School||‘Banaras Hindu University’ and ‘Santiniketan’|
|Awards||‘Bharat Ratna’, ‘Padma Bhushan’, ‘Padma Shri’, ‘Padma Vibhushan’, ‘Tansen Award’, ‘Rostam Award’,|
|Death||August 21, 2006|
Birth, family and early life of Bismillah Khan – Ustad Bismillah Khan History
Bismillah Khan, one of the best musicians of the world, was born on 21 March 1916 in Dumraon village, Bihar. His childhood name was Kamaruddin, but later his grandfather Rasul Bakhsh named him ‘Bismillah’, which meant ‘good start’. Bismillah ji’s family was associated with the field of music.
His family has been a proponent of shehnai playing for the last 5 generations. At the age of 6, Bismillah Khan came to Banaras with his father Pangmar Khan, while his ancestor was also a court musician in Bhojupar Rajwada, Bihar. There he learned to play the clarinet from his uncle Ali Baksh ‘Vilayatu’.
Let us tell you that his master uncle Kashi used to play the clarinet in the Vishwanath temple. At the same time, his father was also a shehnai player in the court of Maharaja Keshav Prasad Singh of the princely state of Dumrao. Therefore, it can be said about Bismillah ji that Ustad got the art of shehnai playing from his family in varsat, because from the very beginning his family was master in playing the courtly raga.
Identified as the best shehnai player – Ustad Bismillah Khan Shehnai Vadak
The great clarinetist Bismillah Khan, for the first time at the young age of just 14 years, performed the clarinet at the Sangeet Parishad in Allahabad, after which in a very short time he perfected his supernatural talent of playing the clarinet and as the best shehnai player Made his mark
Bismillah Khan earned the music in the prestigious folk songs like ‘Gravel’, ‘Jhula’, ‘Chaityi’, on the strength of his rigorous austerity, and made the Shehnai a respectable place in the world of music in classical music. At the same time, in the era when Bismillah Khan ji was raising himself as a shehnai player, musicians were not given that much importance.
However, his family’s involvement in music from the very beginning and his interest in shehnai playing not only established himself as a famous shehnai player but also gave the shehnai a distinct identity in the world of music. At the same time, seeing Bismillah Khan’s amazing talent in playing music, he was awarded his doctorate by Shantiniketan and Banaras Hindu University.
Major contribution of Bismillah Khan – Contribution of Bismillah Khan
On August 15, 1947, on the eve of the country’s independence, while celebrating independence by hoisting the country’s flag on the Red Fort, Bismillah Khan ji welcomed India’s independence by playing his poignant shehnai.
Since then, every year after the Prime Minister’s speech at the Red Fort in Delhi on August 15, the clarinet of Bismillah Khan has become a tradition.
Bismillah Khan’s famous albums and live shows – Bismillah Khan Albums
- The great shehnai player of the world Bismillah Khan ji enthralled the audience by giving his music in many films too.
- Bismillah Khan played shehnai for the role of Rajkumar in the Kannada film Sanadi Apatra.
- In the year 1959, Bismillah Khan also gave his shehnai tune for the film echoed Sheenai.
- In 1994, Bismillah Khan also gave his clarinet tune in Maestro Choice.
- In the year 1994, Bismillah Khan also gave his clarinet tune in Megh Malhar, Vole.
- In the year 2000, Bismillah Khan ji mesmerized thousands of spectators with his sweet clarinet by giving a live show in Queen Elizabeth Hall.
- In 2000, Bismillah Khan also performed his clarinet tune in London at Live Performance, Voll.
Shehnai player Bismillah Khan received honors and awards – Bismillah Khan Awards
- Shehnai player Bismillah Khan was awarded the country’s highest honor “Bharat Ratna” in the year 2001 for his outstanding contribution in the field of music.
- Bismillah Khanji, who got Shehnai’s distinct identity in the world of music, was awarded the Padma Vibhushan award in 1980.
- Bismillah Khan, the world’s great shehnai player, was awarded the Padam Bhushan, one of India’s highest honors in 1968.
- The great shehnai player Bismillah Khan was awarded the Padma Shri, India’s prestigious award in the year 1961.
- The great music player Bismillah Khan, who made his significant contribution in the field of music, was awarded the Sangeet Natak Akademi Award in 1956.
- The great shehnai player Bismillah Khan was awarded the Best Performer Award at the All India Music Conference in the year 1930.
- Apart from this, Bismillah Khanji was also awarded the Tansen Award by the Government of Madhya Pradesh.
Demonstration at the Red Fort – Ustad Bismillah Khan at Red Fort
In 1947, the first Indian independence, Shyam had an invaluable opportunity to display his art at the Red Fort. Along with this, on 26 January 1950, he also performed the raga coffee at the Red Fort on the Shyam of the Republic Day of India.
His performance had become a central part of the celebration of Indian independence at that time, one of his performances is also repeated on Doordarshan on 15 August every year. After the live speech of the Prime Minister from the Red Fort, Shehnai recital is held on Doordarshan every year. This tradition has been going on since the days of Jawaharlal Nehru.
When Maestro says goodbye to this world – Bismillah Khan Death
Not only was Bismilah Khan a master of shehnai in the world of music, he was not only a master of playing shehnai, but he was also known for his generosity, he would either make people aware of what he earned as a musician by playing shehnai. , Or spend their large family’s maintenance.
He never thought for himself, although for this reason he also had to face financial troubles. After which the government had to come forward for their help. Ustad had expressed his desire to play the clarinet at Delhi’s India Gate in the last days of his life, but his wish could not be fulfilled, and he left the world on August 21, 2006, saying goodbye.
At the same time, the shehnai was buried during his death in honor of the famous shehnai player Bismillah Khan. Let me tell you that in the signature tune of Doordarshan and All India Radio, there is the voice of the shehnai of Bismillah Khan. Even today, the echoes of his clarinet resonate in people’s ears. Some words of Bismillah Khan Saheb –
“It is only music that has the power to unify the heritage and culture of this country”.
Note: I hope you find this post about ”Ustad Bismillah Khan Essay With Short Biography ”useful and inspiring. if you have a biography like this please share on Facebook & Whatsapp.